The Cats Need Us - Please Help Us Find A New Shelter
The cats need us, and it's breaking our hearts to have to turn our backs on them. But there's not much we can do until we find our new shelter. Do you know someone who can help us help them by sharing some space with us? The cats promise they'll be good neighbors. And they're not fussy. All they want is a safe, comfortable place to call home until they get adopted. An unused walkout basement would work. Or we could make a vacant garage, outbuilding, mobile home or huge shed into a fabulous cat shelter. If you know someone who might want to "adopt" us, please ask them to write to Howardcountycats@comcast net.
WHAT WE NEED
WHAT WE NEED
- A location within a 15-minute drive of Columbia. Some of us go to the shelter several times a week and it would be difficult for us to fit longer trips into our work schedules.
- A private entrance so volunteers coming and going don't disturb our neighbors. -- Windows, heat and air conditioning, electricity and running water in our space. We'll pay our share of your utility bills. We'll also pay for any necessary modifications to a garage or shed. If you let us use a little bit of your property for a 16x24 structure, we'll pay for the water/sewer and electrical hookups. And, of course, we'll pay our own utility bills!
- Two parking spaces, although most of the time, we'd use just one.
- The Howard County Cat Club been around for nearly 20 years. We're a thoughtful, responsible rescue, and we take a catcentric approach to everything we do.
- We would protect your privacy. We never publish our address anywhere.
- We have a team of dedicated, reliable volunteers who care for the cats seven days a week, including holidays.
- Our cats live in a group home setting and are not in cages. -- We're a rescue for adults and never have very young kittens or expectant moms.
- All of our cats are neutered/spayed and have current vaccinations.